Monitoring center for a water management association
An obsolete monitoring system needs to be modernized. In cooperation with the company "Prozessleittechnik Peter Schmitz" the existing WinCC system is upgraded from V6 to V7 . For this purpose the system is nearly re-implemented. There are new features implemented, which make the system faster, more powerful and more user-friendly.
The system is used to monitor plants of waste water management. These include waste water treatment plants, pumping stations, rain overflow basins, etc. The systems are connected via the telecontrol system "Sinaut" from Siemens. The remote control system sends error messages, operating messages and measured values to the control center. In case of a fault, a signal will sound acousticall.
- The area includes 13 catchment area centers
- there are 189 plants monitored
- 31.138 alarm messages and operating messages
- 27.106 external variables
- 106.173 variables total
IBU developed a management system to manage the data of the Center. Midpoint is a database which stores all parameters, plant names, message texts, etc. (Microsoft SQL Server 2005) The data can be edited via a web application (ASP.NET, Visual Studio 2008/2012, C #, C ++). With the WinCC ODK (Open Development Kit) the WinCC project is nearly created by the web application. Different templates will be provided with the appropriate texts, process connections and graphic elements. The following elements are created automatically:
- coupling overviews of sinaut network
- menu structures according to the topology of the area
- different filter elements for message filters
- large parts of the Tag management
- the alarm logging with all alarm messages and operating messages
- editors for work instructions and information for the individual plants